Family Fun Package
Historic Jonesborough is the center of all the fun and educational activities for children and their families in the region.
- After a day of water slides, buckets, and the lazy river at Wetlands Water Park head a few miles up the road and visit one of Tennessee’s most famous and greatest sons, Davy Crockett’s Birthplace and State Park. Your children can check out museum exhibits, a replica frontier cabin, fishing, hiking, and more.
- After the family gets a sound sleep from all of yesterday’s activities, take them to an afternoon Teller-in-Residence performance at the International Storytelling Center.
- After the concert your family can enjoy an old-fashioned candy store, hand-dipped ice cream, and 40 historical sites all located in Jonesborough’s historic district.
- Take a day to learn about living and past history at the Natural History Museum at Gray Fossil Site and Bays Mountain Park and Planetarium. Just a few miles down the road off I-26 your kids can dig up bones at the fossil site and a short way past that you will find Bays Mountain where they can see a wolf howl. This 3,500 acre park features a 44 acre lake, Nature Center, Farmstead Museum and Planetarium Theater.
- Fun and education go “hand in hand” at the Hands-On Museum located just a short drive away in Johnson City. This children’s museum has 20 permanent interactive exhibits and exciting temporary exhibits as well.
- During our gorgeous fall season check out the “aMAZEing” fun at Fender’s Farm. Just minutes from downtown Jonesborough along the Nolichucky River, experience good ol’ farmin’ fun with farm animals, hay rides, and a “corn box” (sand box with corn). From September 12 – November 2 each year, the 7 acre corn maze will keep you laughing as well as confused. For older children and brave adults, you can enter the 3 acre “Field of Screams” and haunted hotel, after dark beginning September 26th.